|Once a Day
Sep 18, 2001
I have recently switched my meds to-Sustiva(600mg), Epivir(300mg),and Videx(400mg). I take all of these meds at one time (before bed @ 10:00pm. Should these be split up or is it ok to take them once every 24 hours?
| Response from Dr. Boyle
All of the medications can be taken together once daily. You should know, as I am sure your doctor told you, that Epivir (lamivudine) has not yet been FDA approved for once daily dosing, although there is significant evidence that it is safe and effective at that dosing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Buffalo Hump Surgery Removal
- How Long After Possible Infection Should I Wait Before Getting A Blood Test For Hepatitis C?
- When Are Herpes Sores Healed?
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Do Hpv Warts On A Vagina Look Like?
- What Can Can Cause A False Positive Syphilis Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.