|Seroconversion and ARS
Apr 6, 1998
WOndering if people who experience acute retroviral syndrome
seroconvert sooner than others. Thanks.
| Response from Dr. Currier
I do not know whether people who have symptoms during seroconversion are seroconverting sooner after exposure than people who do not experience symptoms. People who do not get the symptoms have not been studied as much becuase they are harder to find. I do recall seeing some information that people who get symptoms might have a faster rate of CD4 decline ( without therapy), but I do not know about seroconversion. Sorry I can't give you more information.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Fisting Worried I Have
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.