Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

RESPONSE TO IS DEATH INEVITABLE?

WHEN YOU SAY "YES. A REMINDER YOU KNOW THAT OF COURSE DEATH IS INEVITABLE. THE QUESTION IS HOW NOT IF." ARE YOU SAYING THAT ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE HIV/AIDS WILL MOST SURELY DIE? OR ARE YOU SAYING THAT DEATH IS INEVITABLE FOR EVERYONE? PLEASE EXPLAIN BECAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE SAYING THAT EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE LOTS OF PEOPLE ON MEDS EVENTUALLY THE MEDS ARE NOT GOING TO WORK AND ALL WILL DIE INEVITABLY. I'M VERY OPTIMISTIC AND I BELIEVE THAT NO MATTER WHAT THE ILLNESS YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DIE BEFORE YOUR TIME SO DEATH MAY BE 1 DAY FROM NOW OR 60 YEARS FROM NOW I DEPEND ON GOD AND I BELIEVE THAT ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH HIM NO MATTER WHAT THE CIRCUMSTANCE. I THINK YOU NEED TO MAKE YOURSELF UNDERSTOOD, IMAGINE WHAT PEOPLE THINK WHO HAVE HIV/AIDS. AND NO I DON'T HAVE IT BUT A FAMILY MEMBER DOES AND I REFUSE TO BELEIVE ANYTHING NEGATIVE AND YOUR RESPONSE SOUNDS NEGATIVE TO ME AND ITS NOT DENIAL. I BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF GOD.

Response from Dr. Cohen

Wow. Let me be clearer. And sorry for any confusion.

We don't know for sure, but it is reasonable to consider, based on the optimism and tremendous advances made in these past years, to hope for and believe that some people who have HIV infection may live a longer and healthier life than ever before. And it is possible that at least some will have a 'normal' life span despite HIV infection.

I don't want to confuse these issues - every living thing will die. Somehow, someday. So the question is not if, but of what each of us goes from. Hopefully, for some who have HIV infection, it will be rendered so unimportant by effective treatment, that HIV will for some have no influence on when or how death occurs.

Hope that is clearer. CC

Any true factors of HIV progression
Relationship between sleep and HIV progression