I need a doctor!

I'm 20 yeas old and have been positive for about 18 years. Recently I have given up almost all hope of finding a doctor with whom I can get along with. I'm really into the counter culture and I wanted to find out more about herbal remadies. I also smoke marijuana about everyday and have found it significantly reduces my nausea, and makes it possible to eat with meds. I was wondering if you could suggest a good place to begin my research on finding a doctor I can live with? Thanks a Bunch

Response from Dr. Pavia

Wow, it sounds like you were infected as a 2 year old and have survived until now. That is great.

Here are a couple of suggestions for finding a doctor in your city.

Stop in to the local AIDS service organizations, and pick peoples brains about their doctors. If there is a local web site of chat group for your city, do the same.

If there is a University HIV clinic, ask if they have anyone who sees young adults and adolescents. You have a better chance of getting along with someone who is used to dealing with young people. Check out their web site to see who does what.

Get on a patient to patient forum, and mention your city and the things you are looking for in a doctor. People are not shy about telling you what they think about us.

If you want to tell us your state, you may get some direct answers from other readers.

ATP

Diagnosed VIH A2 what's this?
VAXGEN