Videx EC - a tip for users

Dear Doctor, I have noticed a lot of questions about taking Videx EC (enteric coated) and would like to pass on a little tip of mine for making sure its taken two hours either side of food. What I do is - before I got to bed at night I leave the pill and a glass of water beside my bed and then set a very quiet alarm clock (the alarm on a cell fone is ideal) for 2 hours BEFORE I'm due to get up. When this quiet alarm goes off, I take the pill and then its back to the land of slumber for another two blissful hours. This means there are no uncomfortable waiting periods without coffee or tea or breakfast. And if anyone is worried about getting back to sleep after taking the morning pill, believe me, it becomes such a ritual that you dont even notice. In fact, its an idea to leave out only one pill at nite (i.e., use a scissors and cut it out of the pack) because you get so used to doing this that if you leave the pack out some mornings you are unsure if you took it or not - and we don't wanna overdose now do we??!!?? Keep up the good work and stay well everyone. love from Cormac in Dublin, Ireland (yes we do have HIV here too!!)

Response from Dr. Boyle

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure everyone wants to wake up in the middle of the night to take a pill, but it is certainly a good idea for some. How about taking it right at bedtime instead (so long as you don't have a midnight snack) or right when you get up in the morning (before you shower, etc.)? Different times will work for different people and each person should find the time slot that works best for them.

One tablet sustiva?
Taking all together