Crixivan drug intake regime/timing concern

I am on a 4 drug combo Crix/d4t/ddi/3tc I actually love this combo in comparison to food intake routines. Empty stomach and slam a glass of water down at 6 a.m. or whatever. My 6:15 a.m and 2:15 a.m. Crixivan is taken without fail and on time. Totally empty stomach, all night or at least three hours (finish eating at 11 a.m.). Being in the drug "closet" I am often under pressure to take a desert or some piece of food, dinner parties, life in general, that sometimes disturbs my 10:15 pill. I do control it so that I am not out by more than one hour. I hate waiting for 11:15 as it scares the hell out of me. I would say I hit the 10:15 mark 80% of the time. Which is worse, taking the pill, say, one hour, to one and one half hour after meal, or holding out for the solid two hour empty stomach moment? I have been opting for the solid empty stomach to date? I wish I could always hit the 10:15 but what would you suggest when life gets in the way like this?

Response from Dr. Cohen

I wish I knew the answer. It probably depends a little on the content of your last meal. If it was a heavy, fatty meal I'd opt for waiting the full two hours. If, on the other hand, it was a light low-fat meal, you might rush it a bit in order to be on time. If this becomes a big problem, consider a different protease inhibitor that isn't quite so demanding.

CRIX BELLY De-Mystified?
SO IM BLOATED...NOW WHAT?