medication adherence

Forget to take medications. Any suggestions?

Response from Dr. Aberg

You have to figure out what works best for you. The first question to ask is "why do I forget to take my medications?" Is it a particular time or the dosing schedule? You didn't give me any information. How often are you suppose to take medications. What medications are you taking?

If you are taking pills three or more times a day, you may want to ask your doctor to see if he/she can change it to twice a day. If you always forget the morning dose, then putting a note on your alarm clock, bathroom mirror or coffee pot, etc. Place a note on something you do every morning. If it is at night, do the same thing or set an alarm clock. Some people find it helpful to have automatic pages on their beepers. Some people schedule it when they brush their teeth so it becomes a daily ritual.

So, answer the above questions and then find a way to alert yourself that it is that time. Good luck. Adherence is everything. If you don't take your medications, they won't work and even worse, you can develop resistant virus and then the medications won't work at all!

MEDS and DAY LIGHT SAVINGS
AM I LETTING MY GUARD DOWN?? - KS