|Dissolving the drugs
Mar 27, 2000
Which of the hiv drugs can be dissolved in water and used as an enema? Thank you.
| Response from Dr. Cohen
None of the drugs has been tested for rectal absorption or safety. They work through achieving concentrations throughout the body, so putting more drug in your rectum would not have any obvious advantages. You would have a hard time knowing how much was retained, how much was dissolved, etc.
I'd avoid this approach
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Common Are Oral Warts?
- Can You Get HIV From Touching A Bloody Scab?
- Can You Contract HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.