MEDS TIMING

When I started my MEDS in April of this year, I had a CD4 of 357 and a viral load of 24,000. After a month, my CD4 has gone up to 457 (whcih my doc told me he excepted) and my viral load went to undetectable (whcih I was surprised to hear). I am on COMBIVIR and SUSTIVA. My morning dose is between 6:30-7:00am (Combivir) and my night time dose is before I go to bed, 11:00-11:30 (Combivir and Sustiva). I have seen so mnay posting regarding timing and when to take the meds to stay adherent and not to become resistant. Should I move the second Combivir dose to between 7:00-9:00pm? When given the perscription, there wasn't anything stating that Combivir needed to be taken every 12 hours.

Your opinion please

Wondering in the Bronx

Response from Dr. Boyle

There is no specific data that give the answer to this question. I doubt, however, that the dosing schedule you are on poses a problem. If you can, try to get close to taking the combivir every 12 hours, but I think the most important aspect of your taking your medications is to make sure that you never miss as single dose. Good luck for continued success.

Swalloweasy
kaletra