|treatment for HIV-2
Jun 18, 2001
Dear doctor, I know that HIV-1 is treatable in most cases. But what abou hiv-2? do they use the same medicine? or medical experts do not know how to treat this infectious desease? Thank you for your time. al.
| Response from Dr. Boyle
HIV-2 appears to be somewhat less aggressive than HIV-1, and in some studies HIV-2 infected patients have lower viral loads and their Tcells decline more slowly than HIV-1 infected patients. HIV-2 infected patients can be treated with antiretrovirals; however, HIV-2 is not responsive to non-nucleosides and those should not be used to them.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have
- Painful Ejaculation After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.