Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Extention of ACEMANNAN research
Sep 17, 1996

I have come in contact with a group of doctors that have seemingly been able to stablize the Aloa Vera extract known as acemannan. According to reports I had previously encountered, the stability issue (compound breaking down into non effective sugars) has been the main reason that the aloe research hasn't been continued in many areas. These doctors are reporting remarkable results both in the fields of AIDS and Cancer therapy. Do you know of any of the later research, or, would you be interested in seeing the work of these doctors? If so, please post to your answer page and I will contact you.

Response from Dr. Cohen

I have seen what I believe to be the entire body of research on aloe vera compounds, and I have not been impressed by the data or by the quality of the research. Unless there are some very new developments that I'm not aware of, I believe that while aloe vera may be a great thing to put on your scrapes and burns, it has no role in the therapy of HIV disease at the present time.

Previous
Protease and natural information?
Next
Who and what to believe?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.