Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Ozone therapy
Nov 11, 1996

Dear Dr. Gallant, I'm HIV+ and am about to embark on a course of ozone treatments; I'm also going to start taking 714-X. Do you have any comments or recommendations relating to these two treatments. Thank You for your time.

Response from Dr. Gallant

I have seen some of the data on ozone therapy, and I am not impressed. As for 714-X, I don't know anything about it as a treatment for HIV so I can't comment on it. (It sounds a little like the stuff I use to get the mildew off my shower tiles, and I think that kills everything!)

All I can say with respect to alternative therapies is that they should be held up to the same scrutiny that we hold everything else. Some of the questions you need to ask are:

What does it do to viral load? What does it do to the CD4 count? What is the toxicity? What kind of studies have been done so far? What will it cost me? Will I be able to take standard therapy in addition?

Now that "standard therapy" is so effective, it's getting harder for alternative therapies to compete, but there may be some out there that pan out. Good luck!

Previous
HIV Treatments and DHEA
Next
New drug HGR

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.