Ozone therapy

Dear Dr. Gallant, I'm HIV+ and am about to embark on a course of ozone treatments; I'm also going to start taking 714-X. Do you have any comments or recommendations relating to these two treatments. Thank You for your time.

Response from Dr. Gallant

I have seen some of the data on ozone therapy, and I am not impressed. As for 714-X, I don't know anything about it as a treatment for HIV so I can't comment on it. (It sounds a little like the stuff I use to get the mildew off my shower tiles, and I think that kills everything!)

All I can say with respect to alternative therapies is that they should be held up to the same scrutiny that we hold everything else. Some of the questions you need to ask are:

What does it do to viral load? What does it do to the CD4 count? What is the toxicity? What kind of studies have been done so far? What will it cost me? Will I be able to take standard therapy in addition?

Now that "standard therapy" is so effective, it's getting harder for alternative therapies to compete, but there may be some out there that pan out. Good luck!

HIV Treatments and DHEA
New drug HGR