Dec 23, 1996
What's the lowdown on thioctic acid? Ive read about it on a AIDS advice netsite and in a book obviously packed with lies and speculations, It's supposed to work as a liver tonic for those of us on HIV therapy. Any evidence available? Thanks.
| Response from Dr. Cohen
I haven't heard of it. But there's really no such thing as a " liver tonic."
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do You Clear Up Dark Marks On Skin In Hiv Patients?
- How Long Does It Take To Show Signs Of Hepatitis C?
- Can You Get Hiv Through Sharing Gum?
- How Long Can You Test Negative For Hiv While Actually Being Positive?
- How Many People Die Of Hiv Each Day?
- Can A Condom Protect You From Getting Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.