How effective is massage therapy in tx?
Feb 27, 1997
I haven't heard a lot about the use of massage therapy. To your knowledge, is it helpful in treatment in conjuction with other (drug) therapies?
Response from Dr. Cohen
Massage therapy makes you feel good and relieves stress. Since stress may be immunosuppressive, relieving it can't hurt. However, it's doubtful that massage is in the same league as antiretoviral therapy in terms of its effects on viral load and CD4 count, our usual measures of the effectiveness of a therapy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Runny Nose A Symptom Of HIV?
- Itchy Red Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Dry Cough After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.