How effective is massage therapy in tx?
Feb 27, 1997
I haven't heard a lot about the use of massage therapy. To your knowledge, is it helpful in treatment in conjuction with other (drug) therapies?
Response from Dr. Cohen
Massage therapy makes you feel good and relieves stress. Since stress may be immunosuppressive, relieving it can't hurt. However, it's doubtful that massage is in the same league as antiretoviral therapy in terms of its effects on viral load and CD4 count, our usual measures of the effectiveness of a therapy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Should A Person Wait After Intercourse To Get An Hiv Test?
- Is There Anyway To Tell If You Have Hiv Without Being Tested?
- How Bad Will The Sore Throat And Muscle Aches Be When You Have Hiv?
- Can I Get Hiv Through Sharing Food?
- Does Hiv Cause Congestion?
- Acute Hiv And Stomach Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.