|How effective is massage therapy in tx?
Feb 27, 1997
I haven't heard a lot about the use of massage therapy. To your knowledge, is it helpful in treatment in conjuction with other (drug) therapies?
| Response from Dr. Cohen
Massage therapy makes you feel good and relieves stress. Since stress may be immunosuppressive, relieving it can't hurt. However, it's doubtful that massage is in the same league as antiretoviral therapy in terms of its effects on viral load and CD4 count, our usual measures of the effectiveness of a therapy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Massage Therapy For Neuropathy
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Neuropathy After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can Condoms Cause Allergies?
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.