Alternative Treatment/Holistic medicine
May 26, 1997
My brother was recently diagnosed and is considering his treatment options. His viral load is high-400,000 and t-cell count low-135. Does he have any options other than the mainstream cocktail combinations?
Response from Dr. Cohen
He has plenty of other options, but no good ones. There are no alternative therapies that are going to get his viral load down from 400,000 to zero, which is what he needs to do. If he chooses to use alternative therapy or "holistic medicine," it should be in addition to "mainstream cocktail combination," not in place of them.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Can Cause A False Hpv Reading?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Chlamydia?
- Testing Positive For Herpes With No Symptoms
- Testing For Chlamydia With Urinalysis
- How Can You Tell The Difference Between Zit And Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.