Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Can I put on weight without Treatment?
Aug 12, 1997

Dear Dr. Gallant, I am tested positive on the Elisa and Western Blot. I suffered some weight lost about 5 kg. I am not on any Western medication. Recently, I discover my weight is increasing back to my normal weight before the infection. As no known drug can cure me of HIV, I am seeking alternative cure from herbs and meditation.I hope you could kindly enlighten me on the followings : 1. Is it possible for HIV positives to put on weight without medication? 2. Would I be considered cure if the Elisa test shows I am negative? 3. I understand a negative Elisa test is conclusive and Western Blot is not needed in such situation.The country I stayed in,will not conduct a western blot for negative Elisa result. 4. Should my dream comes true that I get a negative on Elisa, can I consider I am cured? I understand my questions are not realistic, please spare a hope for a dying man like me , waiting to develop Aids. Thank you for your time. Lee

Response from Dr. Cohen

Lee,

Previous
Keep Hope Alive by Mark Konlee
Next
AZT with vitamin E and Zovirax

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.