Neuropathy - How early ???

I understand from your earlier responces that neuropathy can be caused by the HIV itself or it could be due to the drugs.

After an exposure on march 30th I have taken Lamivudine and zudovudine for a month (started a week after the exposure). After 12 days after stopping the medication, I am having the symptoms of neuropaty.

IS it possible for the HIV to create neuropathy so early or it could be the drug reaction.

Expecting you immediate answer.

Thanks !.

Response from Dr. Boyle

Neuropathy would generally not happen as you are describing. You should see your doctor and discuss it with him/her and, if you have not already, determine the results of your HIV testing. Since you don't mention the results, I presume everything is negative to date and that you are unlikely to be HIV infected, but you should still see your doctor and discuss the recent problems you are having.

New meds in pipeline
life expectancy