Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

10 Words or Less

What should I do if I miss taking a doze of one day ?

Hello and thanks for posting.

Today's HIV medications do not require 100% adherence, nor stopwatch precision dosing in order to work optimally.

If you've missed a dose of medication for a day, just resume taking your meds at the usual time.

Though there's little science behind this, I routinely tell my patients that if you remember that you've missed the dose within 1/2 of the dosing interval (i.e., 12 hours for a once-daily or 6 hours for a twice daily regimen), then go ahead and take the "late" dose.

I hope that's helpful and wish you a happy and healthy new year. BY

genvoya switch to truvada
Titer of 1:1