SGPT high level

Dear Dr,

Last night I visit a doctor for my son 2.5 years old checkup, he recommended for a lab test, the lab test show a high level of SGPT 1245, the doctor medication known as Hepatitis Marz (liver tonic) for 10 days, my question is that is this cause any other effects on liver or something else???

Hello and thanks for posting.

A SGPT level of 1245 is indeed elevated and indicative of liver inflammation. Alone, this test doesn't not (and cannot) tell us why your young son's liver is unhappy. This could be for a diverse range of causes, ranging from infections (including viral hepatitis), toxins (e.g., some mushrooms, alcohol) or as a side effect of some medications.

What's important is to work with your son's healthcare providers to identify the cause.

As for 'liver tonics", I decidedly against their use- most of these are unsubstantiated products with little evidence of their benefit or safety.

Hoping for a quick return to health, BY

AZT VS RILPIVIRINE
ARVs, alcohol and the holidays