viral load increase and unprotected sex

i was switched to 2nd line regimen and my viral load decreased. however when i fell pregnant i got another viral load and it was high around 300 and was told its because am having unprotected sex but my partner is negative wat could be the problem. what are my chances of viral load suppression because am on aluvia 200mg/50mg and AZT 300mg/150mg

Hello and thanks for posting.

Having condomless sex doesn't intrinsically increase one's viral load, though sexually transmitted infections (like syphilis or gonorrhea) could.

However, most low-level detectable viral load tests (like yours) are not of any particular clinical or viral significance; and some are merely laboratory errors.

Since you're pregnant (and congratulations!) it's important that your adherence to medications is very good and viral load is suppressed. This is the best way to ensure the health of your child.

Be well, BY

Syphilus Titer 128 to 16 to 256
Chances of becoming undetectable today (and the HIV care continuum)