Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Pep forgotten pill

Hello, I am on PEP for a week now and I have forgotten a pill of Complera in the last few days. I am continuing the treatment... Is the whole protection compromised ?

Kevin

Hello Kevin and thanks for posting.

In short. No.

While it's not ideal to miss medication doses, missing a single dose of medication- for HIV prevention or treatment is not likely to cause any issues.

While we're on the subject of prevention of sexually transmitted infections, don't forget to be screened for other STIs; consider vaccinations for hepatitis A, hepatitis B, human papilloma virus (HPV) and bacterial meningitis. Last, should you have ongoing risks of HIV exposure, ask if pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) is appropriate.

Be well, BY

Is This Enough? HIV testing after PEP
Juluca approval