simastatin with complera?

Hello Dr, I have switched from atripla to complera ' my question can I take 10mg simastatin with complera with close monitoring of my lipids I had to many side effects with the others statins,thank you

Hello and thanks for posting.

Awareness of the potential drug-drug (or drug-supplement/vitamin) interactions are important to make sure that your medications are working optimally, and to avoid possible negative side effects.

There are a number of excellent and free online tools or apps to check for drug-drug interactions (DDIs). I like the University of Liverpool's hiv-druginteractions.org and epocrates' app. I keep them on my smartphone.

If you use these, you would very quickly find that your Complera doesn't interact with simivistatin.

I hope that's helpful, BY

Cd4
PrEP & General Anesthesia