Just Started on Trivens

Hi Dr, I just started in the pill but today I have been feeling so drowsy and my body hurts.. my stomach is runny and I I have a headache. Do you think it's side effects? My lower back hurts too..

Hello and thanks for postiong.

What you're experiencing is not too unusual. People who start on Trivenz (sold here in the US as Atripla) often experience efafvirenz-related side effects. These include sleep disturbances (insomnia, vivid dreams and drowsiness); nausea and headache are also not uncommon. You can search for many posts on this Forum about Atripla side effects.

What's important to know is that these symptoms are best combated by taking the medication on an empty stomach, preferably around bedtime. For most people, the side effects fade over the course of 1-2 weeks. If your symptoms persist longer, you should discuss with your doctor the possibility of switching to a different (and for you) better tolerated medication.

I hope that's helpful, BY

My CD4s getting backward after three months of RVT :((
Mouth thrush