dr frascino

now a days they say people on art can live longer lives and hiv is lot more manageable now than it use to be in 90's. My question was if art would have been available back in 1991 and if Dr frascino would have started taking it in 1991 would the results may have been different and he would have lived longer. In one of his article he says he did not start medication till 1995, and only medicine available back than was azt and he named few other ones. Because if art would have made any difference to him live longer if he would have started earlier it would be encouraging sign for people with hiv who starts on art from day 1 that they can do better if they follow the regime and other factors and may be they can live even longer than dr fascino lived as I look up to him for encouragement.

Hello and thanks for posting and recalling our late, dear friend, Dr. Bob Frascino.

Dr. Bob didn't die of an AIDS-related illness, rather he died of an overwhelming bacterial infection called sepsis. Sepsis is actually a unfortunately common cause of death in the general population. For this reasons, when he did (or did not) start HIV medications probably had no bearing on his untimely death.

Having said that, Dr. Bob would undoubtedly agree we me that the current science of HIV treatment tells us that it's better to be diagnosed, engaged in care and treatment early after infection, rather than waiting for HIV to cause immune system damage. He'd also agree that today's medications are vastly better than they were in 1991, or 1995, with few of the serious side effects that were so troubling back then.

Be well, BY

Run out of TRIUMEQ
Double dose of Truvada with Isentress