off stribild almost 2 years

I was on stribild right aftwr i was diagnosed with the hiv virus. I was taking my meds everyday and never missed a dose and was undetectable according to my doctor and blood test. I took the meds for 1 year and after that year havent taken the meds due to family problems and legal issues and in a place where the meds are not provided. I will visit my doctor next month i will like to know if i will be worst than i started with the treatment and will i be undetectable again and when in how long does the AIDS virus develop after stopping treatment. Thanks

Hello and thanks for posting.

While treatment interruptions are not generally recommended, life happens and people do stop their medications. HIV typically returns to detectable levels in a few weeks (but not immediately) after stopping.

So not too worry at this point, since your viral load was undetectable when you stopped treatment, this means that there wasn't any significant resistance to your Stribild regimen then.

You can simply resume Stribild now, staying adherent to the dosing and food requirement, and I'd suspect that in few months, you'll be undetectable again. It's important to stay in contact with your care provider about any side effects or symptoms, and make sure that you get appropriate laboratory monitoring (I'd suggest getting labs a month after restarting, just to make sure that things are heading the right way).

I hope that's helpful, BY

Question about issentris
Do I need to go on PEP if I have been on PREP for months