Living with the disease

How long is the life expectancy of someone who has the disease?

Hello and thanks for posting.

The short answer is very long. Life expectancy for many people living with HIV is estimated to be normal, though it's important to note that people who initiate therapy with lower CD4 cell counts, and certain populations of people (who are at risk of late diagnosis, late initiation of treatment or falling out of care) still are at a disadvantage.

I wrote extensively about life expectancy and living with HIV in this article on TheBody.com. I also suggest looking over this resource page at TheBody.com that focuses on life expectancy.

I hope that's helpful, BY

Free testing and treatment for non nationals
Tivicay and Truvada