Tivicay and Truvada

Hello I'm from Peru, I had been diagnosed with HIV in May 2017, my doctor told me that I was in the acute phase and that it was in the perfect moment to start treatment, so I started with Tivicay and Truvada.

My inicial viral load was 1`688,769 and CD4 257. A month and a half later I had VL 225 and CD4 274. My last lab exams, 3 months after initiating treatment, are VL 172 and CD4 339.

Im actually very worried, I was expecting to be undetectable by now, especially knowing that this antiretroviral regimen is very effective.

My doctor has told me that we still have to wait the 6 months lab results and that he thinks that by that time I'll be undetectable. I know we have to wait, but I also know that he thought I'll be undetectable by now.

I want to know if I can expect to be undetectable by the time I reach the 6 months mark, or is it gonna take longer. I also know there are people that has a very low viral load but never gets to undetectable levels.

I'm very anxious because I don't know what can I expect, can you give me your opinion?

Thanks.

I agree with your doctor and I am not concerned. Sometimes it does take 6 months or sometimes longer, particularly if the HIV viral load is very high prior to starting HIV treatment.

Take pep while on prep
PEP (Truvada & Dolutegravir)