Is an medical error just one tablet daily of kaletra and the same for combivir

Hello dr. I started pep around the 8 or 9 hours since the vih exposition, and the formulation that the doctor gave to me is this:

Kaletra one tablet per day Combivir one table per day

I having reading the usual formulation of the pep and discover that is the double respect of my formulation (kaletra two tablets daily twice and combivir one tablet daily twice)

Do you think that my formulation is an medical error? My version of treatment is going wrong? I'm in the 4 day of the treatment and i'm considering into to duplicate the basic treatment that my doctor recomended first.

Hello and thanks for posting.

I'll assume that you don't live in the US, where neither Kaletra or Combivir are longer recommended for treatment or prevention of HIV. Kaletra + Combivir would be a reasonable PEP regimen in the absence of better tolerated (and US-recommended) PEP treatments (typically raltegravir or dolutegravir with Truvada).

Having said that, you're right, both medications are dosed incorrectly. Kaletra should be dosed 400 mg/100 mg twice daily (usually two 200/50 mg tablets), or 800/200 mg once daily (usually 4 200/50 mg tablets); Combivir is dosed one 150/300 mg tablet twice daily.

I would take the medications as noted above (twice what your initial prescription says) and contact your PEP provider to get the correct prescription.

Be well, BY

I got 91 sgot and 50 sgpt
Please advice (diagnosed with HIV and pneumonia)