Wrong drug

Should AZT be taken along with truvada and reyataz in place of norvir pharmacy gave me AZT two months by mistake I got sick lost weight. Thank you.

Hello and thanks for posting.

AZT (zidovudine) is definitely not a replacement for Norvir (ritonavir). The former is a NRTI or nuke medication, the later used to boost the levels of certain HIV meds (e.g., protease inhibitors like Reyataz).

What's worse is that in order to take Reyataz with Truvada, the treatment must include Norvir to boost the Reyataz levels.

I'd advise getting back on the Norvir, advise your care provider about the pharmacy F-up, and get clinical and laboratory assessments.

Best of luck, BY

Obtaining Medication in Guadalajara as a Temporary Resident
Trouble getting to undetectable