Stribild with dairy products.

Hi doctor. I'm starting Stribild for 1 month PEP. I read that Stribild is best taken with lots of fats. Is it okay to use dairy products such as butter or cheese as the main source of fat? Thanks doctor.

Hello and thanks for posting.

No need to overthink this one.

Stribild (tenofovir DF/FTC/elvitegravir/cobicistat) and it's sibling Genvoya (tenofovir AF/FTC/elvitegravir/cobicistat) only need to be taken with food. This is to ensure optimal absorption of the medications and correct levels of drugs in the blood. There's no specific requirement about the type of food, or dairy product.

I hope that's helpful. BY

Thank you!
Atripla availability in Nicaragua