Stribild for treating wasting syndrome

I got really sick so I went to the hospital I was HIV but I didn't take my meds so I ended up with 73 T-cells they gave me stribild and while I was in the hospital I lost 23 lb and I've been on striving for 3 weeks and I gained 10 pounds does stribild reverse the wasting disease syndrome

Hello and thanks for posting.

Stribild (tenofovir DF/emtricitabine/elvitegravir/cobicistat) is one of several single pill combos recommended for the treatment of HIV in many treatment guidelines, including those in the US, UK, Spain and EU.

While not a direct treatment for weight loss, treating HIV in those with AIDS (like you, with both a >10% chronic weight loss (an AIDS-defining event) or CD4 count less than 200) will certainly aid in weight gain, reversing the wasting syndrome.

It sounds like you're well on your way- with makred improvement in your weight in only a few weeks.

Keep up with your adherence (using reminders, alarms and the like); remember that Stribild needs to be taken with food, and be sure to return for your routine and scheduled medical follow up.

Be well, BY

Plan to conceive..
Ending Bactrim