Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

cd4 dropped

Jul 2, 2017

Hie.. I have been on ARV since 2015 my initial cd4 was 285 ..in 2016 it was 290 and be in 2017 it has suddenly dropped to 33 I live what I think is healthy life I don't smoke neither do I drink ...my viral load has been undetectable since 2016 does this mean I am gonna be sick ...at the moment I appear very healthy my height is 153 cm my weight is 65.7kg iam gainning weight..pose help what could be killing my soldiers or is there a way to boost my cd4..thank u

Response from Dr. Holodniy

I wonder if that result of 33 is the CD4 percent and not the count. It would seem highly unlikely, given that you have an undetectable HIV viral load that your CD4 count dropped from 290 to 33 in such a short time. If 33 is the count and not percent, then it must be a mistake and your CD4 test should be repeated.

Previous
Living with out treating HIV
Next
TIB Drug

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.