Am hiv positive getting dry cough how to control iy

Hi am recently tested and found hiv positive am having dry cough some times 100 to 200 times a day suggest how can i over come from it

Hello and thanks for posting.

There are many causes of cough from allergy and asthma to acid reflux to bronchitis or pneumonia, to name a few. The fact that your coughing so much suggests that whatever the cause of your cough, it needs urgent medical attention. If you are recently diagnosed, it's relevant to know that other health symptoms or laboratory test results are as this influences the types of things that might be going on.

I'm concerned that as you're recently tested, you might not yet be on HIV (antiretroviral) therapy. As such, it's quite possible that you have serious immune deficiency and have risks that your cough could be the harbinger of an AIDS-related lung issue such as Pneumocystis pneumonia.

HIV medications are recommended world wide by the World Health Organization to be initiated as soon as possible after one's diagnosis, irrespective of clinical symptoms or CD4 cell count. An important issue is that only a minority of countries have national guidelines that actually recommend universal treatment. Our HIVpolicywatch website tracks the status of country-level recommendations.

In sum, I'd recommend getting linked to a HIV care provider, get a prompt evaluation of your cough and any other symptoms, and if you are not yet on HIV medications, consider starting as soon as possible.

I hope that this is helpful and wish you good health. BY

Is food with Genvoya necessary
Switching meds