Missed dose

Hi there. I have never missed a dose in 13 years. I was involved in a car accident last night and was taken to the hospital. I wasn't able to get home in time to take my meds. I am undetectable and have a viral load of over 1900 i am taking Striblid once a day. Will I be Ok? I am beyond worried.

Thank you

Hello and thanks for posting.

In brief, you'll be fine. Modern HIV medications, like your Stribild are very potent and well tolerated. Their characteristics don't require perfect adherence; indeed we estimate that 90% adherence is adequate (if not exactly the recommended goal). Moreover, doses do not need to be taken at precisely the same time- a 4-6 hour time window is generally ok for once-daily medications (I get this question all the time).

So, let's see. Thirteen years of only one missed dose is 4744/4745 or 99.98% adherence.

You'll be fine. Be well, BY

Change prep because of Truvada's bone issues?
FOTO regimen with Genvoya