is it the end

my sister has aids and right now is in the hospital with bronchitis, asthma, severe pneumonia in both lungs and a kidney infection. her counts are the highest her dr has ever seen. she is on no meds and has aids for 9 years. HELP

Hello and thanks for posting.

It appears that your sister's health is quite poor- I'm concerned that she has not been on medications- they are recommended for all people living with HIV, especially those with AIDS and even more so for those who have active complications.

Without treatment, her long-term prognosis is not good, but with treatment, her health could very well improve. In the past, we deferred initiation of treatment during opportunistic infections, but this strategy has been entirely discredited, and HIV medications should be started as soon as possible among people who are hospitalized.

I hope that this is a little helpful, and do feel free to write back. BY

drug interactions
Hep b vaccine while on pep