cancer and aids

my dad has throat cancer and aids then he underwent a operation now the cancer spreaded and is to far into his lungs doctors in cape town told him they can't do anything for him than to give him pain tablets and he must just wait to die will this tablets help to prolong his live and how long does it take before it works please.

Hello and thanks for posting from Cape Town.

I'm sorry to learn about your father's health. From what you've posted, it sounds like he has inoperable cancer.

While there might not be a curative treatment, know that there is a whole speciality called palliative medicine who's expertise is in making patients comfortable (both in body and mind), and assessing for nutritional and physical safety- often in the last days of one's life.

I'd suggest asking your father's medical team if such services are available.

I hope that this is, in some small way, helpful to you and your father. BY

Genvoya meds
Results of abdominal ultrasound