two and half months down the line

thanks fo reading my mail. am a man aged 36. i recently contracted hiv and tested positive after only 2and half months.

my worry is now when to start treatment. what are my options. i have two sons to look after.

Hello and thanks for posting.

In the United States and over 20 other countries around the world, HIV treatment is recommended for all people living with the virus, independent of your CD4 count or symptoms. Treatment has been shown to be both very well tolerated, and prevents death, serious illness (like cancer and TB) and prevention of AIDS complications.

All currently recommended treatments involve three medications, often combined into a single pill. Recommendations vary somewhat from country to country, but in the US and Western Europe, most people are now initiating treatment with 2 nukes and an integrase inhibitor; in low- and middle income countries, most people initiate treatment with 2 nukes and a non-nuke (usually Atripla or one of it's generic counterparts).

Taken with good adherence, meds work extremely well, rarely fail and allow both normal life span and make it extremely difficult to pass the virus to others. I'd expect you to watch your sons grown into young men and beyond.

I hope that is helpful, BY

can arvs mixed with any other treatment?
Viral load