Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

falling pregnant

Hi! I am HIV + but my partenrer is not, so we r planning on having a baby but I am scared because I do not kno the safest procedure on doing that without infecting him. I have a daughter who is negative so will the other 1 be negative olso? Please help

Hello and thanks for posting.

Having a family is one of the often unspoken measures of quality of life, particularly so for people living with HIV.

It's entirely possible for you to conceive a healthy child and not infect your partner. The essential part of this is to take and be adherent to HIV treatment- having an undetectable viral load means it's virtually impossible for you to transmit the virus to him, and extremely unlikely that you'll transmit the virus to your baby.

Likewise, it's important that you get medical care (called antenatal care) for during your pregnancy and to have your delivery under the medical supervision of a healthcare provider.

I hope that's helpful, BY

Trying to reduce internal belly fat
How lucky am I as a long term HIV survivor? I need a number