HIV & Kidney Stones

Dear Doc,

I have started HIV medication from APR-2016 (VL-13000 and CD4-350 prior to medication). Latest tests back in July shows CD4-550 and VL - Undetectable.Question is I do have kidney stones prior to HIV medication commencement and now i want to go for laser treatment to remove stones. Is it mandatory to disclose my HIV status to urologist? I live in Sydney, Australia. Just want an advise before i arrange for Laser operation to remove Kidney stones.

Thanks

Hello and thanks for posting.

It's always a good idea to disclose all of your health issues, especially one as significant as HIV, to your health care providers.

This is because HIV itself, or the medications we use to treat HIV can influence your diagnostic workup for kidney stones, or treatment options.

BY

Pep start in evening
Unprotected sex between two positive, undetectable partners?