Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Up date on TAF (Truvada 2.0)

Hello Dr. Young, I just had my biannual ID clinic visit at the large teaching hospital I attend and I was offered the once a day pill containing TAF. Since I have done so well on Isentress without any side effects, I declined and we discussed where the new Truvada 2.0 was concerning the approval of it. She said that she felt very sure that when I come back in six months it will have been approved and I will be making the switch to the new version. Best to you, Billy

Hello and thanks for posting.

I agree with you, and would support your decision to stay on the Isentress regimen- while not as sexy as a single pill, the raltegravir+Truvada regimen remains one of the select few on the US government recommended initial treatments, besting Atripla and Complera, who were demoted to "alternate" status last year. Since you've done well on the twice daily Isentress for a while, there's little to suggest that you'll do poorly in the future.

Regarding the new TAF/FTC combination (aka, Truvada 2.0), the tea leaves are pointing towards a FDA approval in the next couple of months.

Hope that's helpful, BY

Did I develop resistance?
Change of regimen