Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Cd4 count

My Partner CD4 count is 388, is that good or bad? He's on meds, what can we do increase his CD4 count? He lives in Guyana and health systems there not that great. I live in US he positive I'm negative we do a lot of reading make sure he stay healthy.

Hello and thanks for posting from Guyana.

A CD4 count of 388 is near the lower limit of normal, and well below the average value.

The only proven and reliable way to increase CD4 is to take antiretroviral treatment (ART), stay engaged in care and adherent to appointments and medications. It would be valuable to know (if available) his HIV viral load- it's the only real way to know if treatment is working.

Hope that's helpful, BY

new medication for me
Is Norvir discontinued?