4% Possibility of Transmission?

Hi Doctor,

I am just recently got married with my current condition is HIV positive, Undetectable Viral Load and 910 CD4.

With my current condition, what is the possibility for me to transmit the virus to my wife? Based on the research, it was found that only 4% chance of transmitting. Appreciate you could share your experience with your patients as well.

We are always looking for opportunity to get kids.

Thank you!

Hello and thanks for posting.

Congratulations on your recent marriage!

The best and recent clinical science tells us that your risk of HIV transmission to your wife is astronomically low. Indeed in all of the large clinical trials, there is yet to be a single documented case of linked transmission from positive to negative partner when the poz partner is on treatment with an undetectable viral load.

Further, in several studies where condom use was not uniform or universal, there were no known HIV transmission events from suppressed poz people.

So, in sum, the risk is vanishingly low, especially if you remain adherent to your treatment.

I look forward to hearing from you when you and your wife start your healthy and happy family.

BY

PEP
Expected CD4 recovery and Time to Final Plateau