Treatment for Kaposi's Sarkoma

Hello doctor Recently my father was diagnosed with HIV. We dont know for how long this virues lives in his body but we have found out this now. First in his body has started to appear strange marks of blood with red or purple color. Now the doctors has told us that he should start the chemotherapy. I am really scared. I don't know what will hapen. Is there a way to cure Kaposi's Sakroma? Or if not how long can a person live with this? Hope for an answer. Thank you

Hello and thanks for posting. Sorry to learn about your father's recent diagnosis.

The usual treatment for KS (if it's limited to the skin) is not with chemotherapy, but rather by treating HIV, and getting the immune system to recover.

For patients who have internal organ KS (like lungs or colon), chemotherapy is sometimes used.

Regarding HIV prognosis- with proper access to care and adherence to HIV treatment (it should be started immediately in people, like you dad who have an active AIDS complication), life expectancy and prognosis can be very good. The first months are the critical ones- getting onto treatments, getting preventative medications (cotrimoxazole) and vaccinations (flu, pneumonia).

I hope that helps, BY

9 hours time difference, just move PEP forward?
can I change teevir pep taking time morning into night times