Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

PROTINE POWDER IS GOOD FOR CD4

HELLO DOC, I AM ON FIRST LINE OF MEDICINE AS PER INDIAN GOVERMENT HOSPITAL THAT ISZIDOVUDINE 300mG + LAMIVUDINE 150mg + NEVIRAPINE 200mg. I TAKE ALL MY MEDICINES VERY RELIGIOUSLY. I AM TAKING THIS SAME MEDICINCE PAST 7/8 YEARS, MY CD4 ON 11/APRIL/2014 WAS 480, 4/AUG/2014 WAS 710, 9/MARCH/2015 WAS 914, AND ON 10/SEPT/2015 WAS 633. I WANT TO KNOW WHY THIS HUGE CHANGE IN THIS NUMBERS AND WHY THERE IS SUDDEN FALL IN LAST RECORD. IS THIS TIME TO GET ALERT AND WORRIED. OR THIS IS WHAT YOU CALLED BLIP. AND NOTHING TO WORRY. MY HEALTH CARE ADVICE ME TO TAKE SOME GOOD PROTINE POWDER FOR GOOD IMMUNE AND HEALTH. HELP ME AND ADVICE ME WHAT NEED TO BE DONE AT THIS STAGE.

Hello and thanks for posting.

All of your CD4 counts are in the normal range- variations within this range (as long as you're on ART, adherent and have suppressed virus) are not significant.

You've not mentioned your viral load, so it's relevant to know if it is suppressed (ie., undetectable) or not.

Protein powder, or other supplements have little effect on CD4s. For the most part, unless you're diet is protein deficient, have no benefit and are a colossal scam.

BY

Can an AIDS patient live long as normal as possible?
What are the symptoms of the end of Aides?