International travel with my med

Dr. Young. What are your thoughts on traveling internationally with my med? I mean. I am undetectable and CD4 is great. My concern is to travel internationally and get questioned about my status or have my medicine taken away from me. I would keep it on my carry on versus checking it in. But are there and laws where you can't travel to the place. As long as you keep your medicin in the original bottler shouldn't you be ok. I mean. I feel as though now I can travel to the places my friends invite me on for fear of being singled out because of my status and being that none of my friends know. Do you think I should plan on not doing any international travel with them or just in general period. Thanks for your help.

Hello international traveller and thanks for posting.

You're right, if you travel with your own personal supply of medications in labelled bottles, it's generally safe and immigration/customs agents won't bother you.

Unless you have to apply for a visa, you don't need to declare your health status.

If you're on treatment with a normal CD4 count, your health for all intents and purposes is normal- so your risk is essentially the same as someone without HIV.

The CDC's Yellow Book is the bible when it comes to medical advice and recommendations for travel to a range of global destinations. I'd take a look before planning your trip.

I'd encourage you to travel (though if you're going to the tropics - places where malaria or other tropical diseases are present, consider checking with your provider or travel medicine specialist before leaving)- travel is good for the spirit, good for the soul and if you go with an open mind, you'll return filled with new experiences and lessons from people and places afar.

Bon voyage, BY

atripla and clarithramycin
what is the most modern and safe VIH treatment for low costs