Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Is stocrin good for me as am pregnant

Oct 28, 2015

last time i visited the clinic i told the counselor am pregnant for 11wks now and am HIV positive, and have never been on any medication,i don't want my baby to be infected so he prescribed STOCRIN and TENVIR-EM,for me to start with am scared cos this drugs are very powerful i need to know if it is safe for my baby....plz i need urgent reply from experts

Response from Dr. Young

Hello and thanks for posting.

The best thing you can do for the health of your baby is to start and stay adherent to HIV medications. Around the world, in middle- and low-income countries, the regimen of Stocrin (efavirenz) and Tenvir-EM (tenofovir/FTC) is widely recommended for people living with HIV- including pregnant women.

These medications are very powerful- they stop the virus from reproducing in your body, prevent illness or death and can prevent transmission of the virus from you to your baby. Antiretroviral treatment (ART) is recommended by the World Health Organization for all people living with HIV, with any CD4 cell count or clinical health stage.

Please feel free to write me back at this Forum anytime. BY

Previous
Pep with Truvada and Tivicay
Next
Follow up to "Switching Regimens"

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.