Is stocrin good for me as am pregnant

last time i visited the clinic i told the counselor am pregnant for 11wks now and am HIV positive, and have never been on any medication,i don't want my baby to be infected so he prescribed STOCRIN and TENVIR-EM,for me to start with am scared cos this drugs are very powerful i need to know if it is safe for my baby....plz i need urgent reply from experts

Hello and thanks for posting.

The best thing you can do for the health of your baby is to start and stay adherent to HIV medications. Around the world, in middle- and low-income countries, the regimen of Stocrin (efavirenz) and Tenvir-EM (tenofovir/FTC) is widely recommended for people living with HIV- including pregnant women.

These medications are very powerful- they stop the virus from reproducing in your body, prevent illness or death and can prevent transmission of the virus from you to your baby. Antiretroviral treatment (ART) is recommended by the World Health Organization for all people living with HIV, with any CD4 cell count or clinical health stage.

Please feel free to write me back at this Forum anytime. BY

Pep with Truvada and Tivicay
Follow up to "Switching Regimens"