Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Tivicay/Truvada vs Stribild

Hello, I hope this question hasn't been asked yet. I am currently treated with an Isentress/Truvada regimen. My specialist considers a switch to either Tivicay/Truvada or Stribild. I've browsed through a few pages but could you point to the main differences between the two choices (side effects, efficiency, genetic barrier...) ? Thank you. (BTW, sorry for my grammar, English is not my mothertongue)

Hello and thanks for posting (by the way, your English is just fine).

The main question is why switch? Your current, and the two proposed regimens are among the most highly recommended regimens.

Isentress is indeed a twice daily medication, but if you've been doing well on this and don't have any problems with adherence, it's perfectly acceptable to continue on this.

The proposed regimens are once-daily regimens- one with dolutegravir (Tivicay) and Truvada, the other, coformulated [Truvada with elvitegravir and cobicistat). The later is a one pill per day option, but also carries with it the potential for more drug-drug interactions than either Isentress or Tivicay.

Genetic barrier to resistance appears to be lower with Tivicay, but the overall success rates with any of these integrase inhibitor-based regimens is very high, so that the risk of resistance remains low.

Hope that helps, BY

Prezista
Are my headaches a side effect?