The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

No spleen
Sep 29, 2015

What type of dr should I see for yearly exam, if I have no spleen? Endocrinologist or Internist?

Response from Dr. Young

Hello and thanks for posting.

Any general medicine care provider (ie., family or internal medicine) worth their salt should be able to deal with someone without a spleen.

On occasion, if there's some extenuating circumstance, a hematologist can sometimes be of value. I would not see how or why an endocrinologist would be helpful in this situation.

Be well, BY

!!!Occupational exposure/ interactions pep/anesthetics
what is it exactly?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint