hiv+

just tested hiv+, cd4 count 112 & viral load was 56900. Started medication about a month back, my question is how long will it take got the viral load to go down and the cd4 count going up?

my partner also tested and she had cd4 of 107, viral load of 1000000, does this mean she infected me?

Hello and thanks for posting.

Sorry to learn of your and your partner's new diagnosis. It's impossible to tell who infected who on the basis of viral load, though it's clear that hers is much higher than yours.

HIV medications work very rapidly to suppress the virus in blood- typically (with a typical viral load like yours), the viral load should be undetectable within 6 months of starting meds, sooner if your taking an integrase inhibitor-based treatment (Isentress, Stribild or Tivicay/Triumeq). CD4 counts take a while to increase but we usually expect the counts to rise around 150-200 cells in the first year. What's key is to be as adherent as possible to your medication dosing schedule and any dietary requirements.

I hope that's helpful, BY

Antipsychotics and Stribild
Protecting My Kidneys From HIV Medications: How Much Water Should I Drink? (Editor's Pick)