What should I do now

I tested positive to hiv and don't know if life shall be the same. I have two kids and wife. The oldest is ten and the last is four. It is so painful if i look at then and know that they will be orphans. Help me with hope

Hello and sorry to learn about your recent diagnosis.

First, know that no lab test, especially a HIV test, doesn't change who you are or what your dreams are and can be.

Next, know that unlike the past, people living with HIV can expect a normal life span, with normal quality of life.

While a HIV diagnosis can be weigh heavily, today, HIV medications are extremely well tolerated (and recommended for all people living with the virus), will rapidly suppress the virus from the blood and other body fluids, and prevent illness, disease, death and transmission to others. Your children will not be orphans, nor your wife a widow.

The most important things to do at this point are to learn about HIV and HIV treatments- since you've found your way onto TheBody's Forums, you're definitely on the right path; and find a caring, non-judgmental and experienced HIV care provider. You'll receive a careful medical and laboratory evaluation, and when you're ready, you should start on HIV medications.

I hope that's a helpful start, and feel free to write me back at this Forum.

Be well, BY

hiv cure
Tivicay and protein shake with vitamin B and C 100% or more